Monday, March 19, 2012

Dinner and drinks with Yes, Dear

I love this social media thing. How did we ever live without it?

How did we maintain our connections with people who live far away? How did we meet new people who live in another town, another state, another country? Oh all those missed opportunities!

Thank you Social Media for somehow linking me to Ange, from the blog Yes, Dear. For a year or so I have enjoyed my regular contact with her via Facebook, and reading her blog, and always suspected her to be someone who was 'my kind of person'.

Thank you fate for putting us together, in the same city at the same time, for 2 hours. Just enough time for a girly dinner with a couple of wines, and non stop talking.

Yep. She is exactly who I thought she was, but even more lovely and awesome. That is her on the right, me on the left.

Have you been able to meet in person an online friend? Was it as great as you had hoped? Were they who you thought they were? Do tell!

3 comments:

  1. So awesome to be able to do that! Yes, I've met a few! Kirsty from Filmless Photos (not so surprising, since she lives in my home town...) and once when I was doing a market in Albury a while back, and the very lovely Kellie from 74 Lime Lane dropped by. Yes! lovely, generous & warm :)

    So when are you girls dropping by Wagga next? ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Maybe we could do an Australia wide tour ... *starts planning sponsorship campaign* ;0)
      I reckon we start a group commited to getting to the ProBlogger conference at the end of the year ... throwing it out there ... x

      Delete
  2. Oh if only we had got a better photo ;0) Was wonderful xxx And will happen again xxx Next time you bring the make up artist and I'll bring the photographer ... billboard worthy pictures will be created!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...